Thursday 3 November 2016

The cheap luxury of... Indian perfumes!

If you want me to be totally honest, I believe that this kind of perfumes can be bought in many other places in the world and not only in India. However, the ones that you can see in the pictures below are produced in Mysore (India) and sold here, too. I specifically bought these six bottles while I was in Kochi (Kerala) and I am really happy with my purchase! 

I bought them at a shop called "I.R.S". They are located in the Jew Town in Kochi and they sell a wide range of perfumes and handmade incense sticks at very reasonable prices (especially if you ask for a little discount, as is expected in India).

I personally bought six different perfume bottles this time, and their smells are the following: "Kenzo Flower", "Nine Flowers", "Chanel", "Himalaya Flower", "Lotus Flower" (India's national flower), and "Cactus Flower". They all smell so deliciously amazing!!! 

When you buy them, you have the option of buying them in many different sizes - the bigger, the more expensive, obviously. The ones I bought are all 15-ml roll-on vials and they cost 250 rupees (3.40 euros) each (they originally asked for 300 rupees per bottle). 

What I love the most about these perfumes is not only how easy-to-carry they are or how comfortable the roll-on format is, but also the fact that they have not been tested on animals and they contain no animal ingredients. Instead, they are purely natural and vegan! Moreover, they contain no alcohol, which means that these scented oils leave no stains and they last longer on the skin because the alcohol that regular perfumes contain and these don't doesn't have to evaporate. 

Since I use them, I have been asked in multiple occasions which perfume I am using, and I can proudly say that it is either of the ones I bought in Kerala - the one that I am wearing on that specific day. 

The truth is that the smell is so intense that you do not need to use a lot of it every time, so they are really long-lasting. However, I have these people's email address and I will not hesitate to contact them whenever I want to refill my bottles or I want to try new smells on my body! 

In case you are interested but you aren't visiting India (or Kerala, for that matter) soon, here you have their email address: irs_100@yahoo.com. As they said, you can simply contact them to that email address, they can show you their "menu" (that's exactly how it looks) and you can order whichever perfumes you fancy! 

I hope that you have enjoyed this post and that you love the perfumes in case you buy them at some point! Do not hesitate to contact me if you have any queries and I will do my best to answer your questions. 

Have a good evening and come back soon!



Here you have a picture of my friend Cristina and I at the I.R.S. shop in Kochi, Kerala. In it, you can get an idea of what the store and its owners look like. As you can see, they sell a huge amount of perfumes... you just have to try them on yourself and choose which ones you're going to take! Some advice, though: it's extremely difficult to choose! 






And here you have two pictures of the ones that I bought that time. There were more that I liked, but I decided that I had enough for that day. As you can see, the bottles come with a sticker saying exactly which perfume it is. Like I said, there are more bottle options to choose from. 



No comments:

Post a Comment