Friday 4 November 2016

Treating oneself with... Indian ghee sweets!

This post is dedicated to people like me, people who enjoy eating and trying new dishes, sweets and desserts every time they visit a new country; people who consider a country's cuisine as part of their identity and culture; people who, basically, like treating themselves and are willing to try the huge variety of sweets displayed in Indian bakeries. 

As the Indian country itself, Indian sweets are colourful and full of contrasts and flavours.

Here you have a delicious selection of some the sweets that I have tried. In this post, I have decided to talk only about ghee sweets. As some of you might know, 'ghee' is some kind of clarified butter which is specifically used in Indian bakeries. The sweets that you will see below are all the so called 'ghee sweets' and they are basically made of butter, sugar, some contain flour and dried fruits. If you want to refer to them as "sugar bomb" and "a heart attack served in several bites", you totally can. 

Personally, I find them a little too sweet for me and I don't like the fact that they have butter, but I still eat them if someone offers them to me for a celebration. 

I would also like to use this 'sweet' moment to thank the visitors who constantly visit my blog from many different countries. Having received visits from 37 different countries in a bit more than one year is not only 'sweet', it's stupendous! So thank you all very, VERY much!


Without further ado, here you have some sweets that I was given for the Festival of Diwali. Enjoy!













1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete